I'm in countdown to Europe mode these days and every spare moment (and sometimes moments that shouldn't be spare) I'm online looking up routes, figuring out timetables, trying to connect with friends, and the like, in the hopes of making my trip amazing. I'm trying to see a lot, but also make time to sit back and relax, taking in the atmosphere, the culture, and the like...
I should be writing an essay right now - have one due on Wednesday (it's Monday afternoon now) that I haven't even picked a topic for yet. Procrastinate much?
I've also been accepted into the Teacher Education Program at the University of the Fraser Valley. It starts July 2nd, 2009. Taking classes in the summer isn't high on my list of favourite things to do, I must say, but being in the program is EXACTLY what I've been working towards these past few years. It's all coming together :) Just need to finish up these last three courses with a 'pass' (well, let's be honest, I still want on that Dean's List!) in each, and then I'm set! It was such a relief to get the letter in the mail the other day -- life had felt like it was on hold, as I wasn't sure if I'd be moving once I got back from Europe, if I'd be looking for a job again, or what... and now I know. Limbo-land can be a frustrating place to be! I'll be living in Abbotsford for at least another year and going to school out at UFV's Chilliwack campus the TEProgram. Why it's out there, I have no idea. May have to purchase a car, depending on how reliable the carpooling turns out to be, as there is no transit from Abby to Chilliwack, and for the 6 week and 12 week practicums I could be anywhere in the Fraser Valley or Fraser Cascade areas.
Exams are also coming up - next week!
I haven't been out to take any pictures lately and today would be the perfect day to do so -- sunny and gorgeous, but that essay is calling. I will be helping my best friend celebrate her 30th birthday the weekend of the 18th, so I'm sure plenty of pics will be taken at that point :) Will they be blog-worthy or blog-appropriate? We'll have to see ;)
Back to the books! After a quick nap on the patio in the sunshine...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment