8.27.2011

New Leaf

So, after having enough with my place being up for sale (walked in on, place left unlocked after a viewing, constant interruptions, etc), my stay there came to a quick and timely end. On July 6th, after a furry of emails and texts with my landlord, it was determined that if I could be out by the 9th, I'd get my July rent back. Thank goodness I had a new place lined up already and they were flexible enough to let me in a week early! AND thank God for family. My father and oldest sister really stepped up and helped me out. So did coworkers, enabling me to take time off to do it all. Started packing after work on the 6th and had moved everything in by 615pm on the 9th. Not bad!

Since the 9th of July I've been in my new place and loving it. It's not for sale! Plus, it has a better layout, has a nicer 'feel' to it, a big back yard, and my own private covered patio. Me likey. Sure, it's not modern or sophisticated, but it's bright, clean, quiet, and private. The folks upstairs are lovely, and it's been almost two months of hassle-free living. The way it should be.

Still hunting around for some TOCing opportunities, and working full-time with my two ladies at the group home. Keeping busy for the most part. Thoughts of moving to Europe or to Eastern Canada keep floating through my head, but after a series of job offers (from the same school) in Alberta, I realized that I'd much rather stick to the Lower Mainland for a job... I'm not desperate for a position, so I've got a bit of time to get things figured out. I'd like to be teaching, but happy to be working. Or so I keep telling myself! :)

This summer has been a lovely one - got to finally meet my nephew Noah (and hang out with his mama), had Auntie/Niece days with both Lindsay (in July) and Laura (in August), spent time at the cabin (rain and shine), went to Minter Gardens, enjoyed a few BBQs and bonfires (once the weather turned warm), saw a couple movies, went on a lot of walks with friends, took in free concerts at Heritage Park, walked through the Othello Tunnels, saw some bears and deer, Canada Day celebrations, July 4th fireworks, Girls' Weekend in Penticton, bought a few bottles of wine, hung up some of my own art work, mowed a few lawns a few times, went on a birthday bike ride adventure, had a couple pedicures, got a computer fixed, built a BBQ, fell asleep on my patio, lost about 45lbs, and have plans to do a whole lot more (PNE, more biking/hiking/walking/swimming, camp, bridal shower for a friend, wedding in September, see some more movies, buy a new computer, more cabin time, and so much more!). Gotta love summer time :D

Hurricane Irene is now doing battle with the East Coast of the US and will be trekking her way up to Canada over the next 24-36hrs... Hoping and praying lives are spared, even if trees and homes and the like aren't. Be safe (and smart) out there, folks!

Time to start thinking about bed - just finished my night shifts this morning, so need to get myself back into the routine of sleeping at night rather than staying up! Maybe I need to find a boring book and head to bed...



No comments: