11.17.2011

Two Months In...

... And I'm loving it. I've been getting quite a bit of work. So much so, actually, that I had to leave my other job due to the amount of hours I was working in a week. It was getting to be a bit ridiculous trying to hold down a 24hr/week job and TOC at the same time. Since leaving the group home at the beginning of November, I've been quite busy with TOCing. That makes me happy!

I recently joined a local community choir, too. Now that I'm no longer working shift work I feel as if I can have a bit of a life again. I have evenings free to sing, hang out with friends, watch a movie, work out, head to Bible Study, or simply veg. It's been a good four years since I've had EVERY weekend off and I'm pretty excited about bringing that option back into my life!

Teaching - well, it's pretty fantastic. It feels pretty great to be in a classroom, watching kids learn, asking them questions and seeing the gears turning - all those little cliches people say are TRUE. And it's awesome.

Now, we're LESS than a month from Winter Break and THAT makes me excited, too. Of the past four Christmases, I've had to work them all (or at least the 24th or 26th, if not the 25th), so I'm looking forward to NOT working. :D A holiday! Faaaaabulous!

And it's snowing. How wonderful is that? My Dad just helped me put my winter tires on the car and as I drove home I experienced my first snow of the season. Good timing? I'd say so!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: