8.27.2012

Oh the irony...



My place went up for sale... Seems that people like to sell the houses I live in. Not so much fun for me, but this time, thankfully, it was relatively painless. One month of almost constant showings (some of which were illegal, but not going to get into that!) and the place sold to a young expectant couple, their dog and their cat. Still getting used to dodging dog poop while in the back yard, but other than the occasional forgetfulness (not locking doors after themselves), they seem pretty harmless and eager to be new home owners.

The end of the school year saw me in a temporary full-time contract in a school district I rarely worked in. Due to the differences in length of Spring Break in each district, I got asked to work a week I normally wouldn't have and that led into a contract position. Felt great to have my own classroom! It was a HUGE challenge, but I learned an immense amount in a very short time and the experience pushed me to actually apply for a position for this coming September.

In both districts, I'm pretty new, so continuing positions weren't really an option. So, just this past month I applied in both districts for some temporary contracts and hope (and pray) I manage to snag one! Ideally, I'd love to be back in a middle school, so here's hoping!

Things could look differently pretty soon!


In July, I went back up to Smithers, BC... This is a view of Hudson Bay Mountain taken from Malkow Lookout in the centre of the Bulkley Valley. Gorgeous day for a hike and Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: