7.30.2008

Forever and a day...

I was hanging out with a good friend of mine last night and she's busy with wedding preperations and the like. Her task (which I failed at helping her with) that day was to pick out a song to walk down the aisle to... and I couldn't come up with anything.

I've been to my fair share of weddings - you'd think I'd have some inkling of an idea as to what to suggest - but nothing. zilch. nadda. nix.
Failed that assignment.

But it got me thinking about all the weddings I've been too. Surprisingly enough, of the many I've been to, not ONE has ended in divorce. Screw the statistics, it's all about choosing the right person. Perhaps my friends and family actually take the time to think things through before jumping in with both feet. Perhaps they're the type of folks who actually think marriage is forever. Perhaps they're not celebrities...

(Okay, this almost sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? I do have friends who are divorced/seperated - I just didn't happen to be at their weddings... so my theory that is about to follow will still hold true.)

Perhaps... the reason these marriages are staying together is because *I* am the common link. Yep, you read right. Every wedding I've been at seems to be blessed with the ability to stay together. I take full credit.

Have a lovely day and remember me, your good luck charm.
Now, if only it would work for me. ;)

(PS. Happy belated 41st Anniversary, Mom and Dad!)

No comments: