3.19.2009

Blogging without Obligation

Yep, no more apologies for taking so long to write. BWO allows me the freedom to come and go from this blog as I so choose - no nasty, guilt-induced 'sorry it's been so long' type blogs from me EVER again.

I'm currently suffering from a ridiculously annoying case of strep throat that has had me pretty much bed-ridden for five days now. My tonsils are so large that my epiglotis gets stuck inbetween them. It's not pretty. Night sweats, day sweats, headaches, incredible pain while swallowing, body aches, and awful antibiotics have been the order of the day (and night) and are getting pretty old, pretty fast. I've had strep before, but this case has thrown me completely out of wack. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'm probably no longer contagious but my body isn't ready to leave the house. I'm not going to classes, not going to school, not going to work, and I'm barely able to sit up long enough to write this silly blog post.

I guess it's pretty good timing though... I'm in my final month of my FINAL semester for my BA, and have some papers coming up, but not so soon that I feel I should be working on them right now. I probably will tackle one of them this weekend as my prof is accepting drafts for a quick editing on Monday. It can't hurt to have something to hand in. I have three papers in total waiting to be written and then will have three finals to write... and then DONE. My finals are on April 16th, 18th, and 27th (boo!)... and my flight to Frankfurt is on May 1st :D And my convocation is on June 11. Crazy!

I should find out soon if I got into the TEP at UFV... keep checking the mail for that all important letter. Wish me luck!

Time to lay down. Ciao

4 comments:

spongeknuckles said...

Wow! Enjoy the wave Stephie, good luck with those last few formalities. Have you decided where you're gonna go from Frankfart?

Stephanie said...

Right now... it looks like the day I arrive in Frankfurt, or the day after, I'll be heading out on a road trip/camping trip to Normandy, France - sleeping on the beaches for a couple days and then driving back to Aachen, Germany.

Then I've got no real plans (but may do the 'hot weather destination' part of my trip that I've been longing for my entire life - and fly to Greece for some island action). I have about a week and half of 'unknown' time at this point.

Then it's off to explore a bit of Germany - Berlin, then Munich, and maybe even hit Austria. Then I'm off to Prague for a few days (around the 18th). The weekend of the 23rd I'll be in Sweden reconnecting with friends, and may do a *free* cruise of sorts, or may opt to explore southern Sweden a bit, as I never did that when I lived there.

I have to be back in Frankfurt to catch a flight on the 28th...

So, there are lots of 'blank' spots at this time, but things are slowly coming together :D

April is planning month! In between exams and papers, of course.

davin said...

Aha I found you!!

Stephanie said...

Should I be worried?!

Welcome to my sporatically updated blog...

:D