8.20.2009

Stockholm, Sweden - May 2009 (continued)


Entrance to Gamla Stan (Old City) in Stockholm - Me and Hilary


Changing of the guard at the Royal Palace. Quite the sight to behold - these soldiers hop and trot rather than walk and march!


The royal band. Last time I was in Stockholm these guys were on horses and playing... needless to say this was a little disappointing compared to that.


Hilary and Rich's friend Sami spoiled Hilary and I with an amazing dinner (you have NO idea!) and a beautiful view. For the longest time Stockholm had height restrictions on their buildings, but a few years back those were lifted and he (Sami) snagged an amazing apartment/condo overlooking the city. Gorgeous night. Unfortunately, I only got pics of Hilary and myself and not Sami (with whom, we found out, I share a birthday!)







2 comments:

Maria said...

nostalgia!!!
Oh Stockholm, vackra Stockholm! Nu langter jag efter stan mellan vattnet.
Tack so jattemycket for korten, Stephanie.

Stephanie said...

no problem! :D It was absolutely beautiful while I was there -- the hottest it had been all year (so far). A quick but lovely visit!