
The Christmas season is upon us and I feel a little on the busy side - lots of errands, catching up on doctor appointments, haircut, and fun stuff like Christmas parties/dinners and going to the movies and hanging out with friends.
I have finished 6 months of my 12 month Teacher Education Program. Yippee! I start up classes again January 4th, and then my long practicum starts Feb 8 and goes to May 7. We finish off the program by June 9 and UFV convocation is June 10, 2010, and our TEP Grad is June 12, 2010. THEN DONE. Somewhere in there I'll also be applying for TOC positions in the Lower Mainland and scouting out possible job opportunities across the country.

I'd really like to pack up my stuff and move north for a couple years. And by north, I don't mean Prince George. I mean Nunavut, NWT, or the Yukon - in that order. Sure, if a full-time position comes up here (BC - Lower Mainland/Island/Valley) I'd be happy to take it, but people aren't retiring as quickly as hoped, so jobs could be hard to come by. I don't want to live as a TOC for longer than necessary if there are jobs out there to be had and moving is the way to get them.

So, this holiday break sees a trip to the Island (very short and sweet), some work shifts, a New Years celebration, Christmas celebrations, skating party, and has already seen its fair share of shopping and parties.
I have three full weeks off from classes, and so far it has been heavenly to sleep in and watch movies and read books and be social -- guilt free! Here's to the rest of it!
Cheers!
Merry Christmas!
Happy 2010!







No comments:
Post a Comment