January has been insanely busy. Five courses in one month plus unit planning for our long practicum has kept me up too late many-a-night. Stress levels in the group are skyrocketing (with some unexpected results!) and it seems some instructors are taking the time to rethink their expectations. Thankfully.
February 8th sees us back at our practicum placements and I, for one, am very excited about being back in front of the class. The learning that goes on (for me) during practicum is so much more beneficial than anything I learn in the UFV classroom setting. There I sit on my butt for 6 hours, sometimes struggling to focus on the topic at hand. It feels a bit backwards because teaching definitely does not involve teachers sitting on their ass for hours at a time. Regardless of the growth of my buttocks, sitting on it is my job for the next couple weeks. But then, oh glorious 'THEN'! I'll be learning and reflecting and becoming the teacher I know I can be!
(And I probably shouldn't have used the word ass... good thing I'm not a teacher yet! ;) )
Waiting for my students to catch me saying "I do do ...something" - "Ha ha - you said Doodoo!",
Stephanie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment