I had been working hard at my computer all morning when I had the sudden urge to turn up the volume on my stereo from 1 to 3 or 4. I had finished my final essay of the semester and was going to celebrate by dancing around the room in victory to loudish music. (I live in a condo so loudish is the best I can do in these types of situations.) I had just reached my left hand over to turn the metal volume knob when I felt a *ZaP* spew forth from my middle finger.
*poof*
Stereo out cold.
NoooOOoooOoOoooooooooooooooooooOOOoo!!!!!
If you only KNEW the drama my friend Holly and I went through to get just the right one and then to have STATIC ruin it?!!
*crying hysterically*
I turned my stereo back on (using the power button rather than my static-infused finger), hoping and praying that it would still work properly. Lights came on. I could switch between different functions (ipod, aux, tuner, cd, etc), but when I went to adjust the volume from 1 upwards, nadda. Oh, the numbers went up - all the way to 30, but the sound? Nothing. Zilch. Zero. No musica. No volume. Non. None. Nothing-o-rama.
NooOoOooOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!!!
Is it possible that my static-y finger caused a short in only one part of my stereo system?!
Just the volume??
I'm very sad.
(yes, it is under warranty, but STILL ---- STATIC?!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment