9.10.2008

Eye Contact



We have eyes for a reason. Or so I'd like to believe.

I biked home from class this afternoon. About half a block from my condo's driveway to the underground parkinglot, a woman driving a big SUV nosed up to the sidewalk infront of her driveway (which I would have to pass to get to mine). She was aiming to turn onto the street. I approached on the street from her left, with me on the righthand side of the street, as were the driveways. I made direct eye contact with the woman, and kept on pedalling. She did the exact opposite of what she should have done. I had right of way (as I was on the street, not a driveway) and was about to go by her when she floored the gas and tore out of the driveway infront of me, barely missing my front tire.

Are people really this stupid? Did she think my eye contact meant that I would stop my bike on the street so she could pull out of her driveway? Really? Delusional much?

Good job, lady.
Grr.

No comments: