12.15.2008

Thou, Darned Sun, Art Deceiving!

I went for a walk around the lake again this morning, lured by the intense sunshine streaming in through my windows... only to freeze my a$$ off before even getting to the lake (1.5 blocks away)! But, I woman'd up, and did the walk, fighting with the wind the entire time. It howled through the trees, through my touque, through my pants... the only parts of me that were warm were my toes. Usually, when the sun is out, it's a fight for a piece of the sidewalk that surrounds the lake - not today. If I could've moved them, I'd have counted the number of people (and their dogs) on four fingers. But alas, my fingers were frozen from trying to keep my jacket hood on my head. Got home to find trails of salt running down my face from the outside corners of my eyes. Squint liquid.

But, it was invigorating! Last night there was a windchill of -20'C, so it was probably close to that this morning. According to my cousin John (he lives in Calgary) I'm a wuss. I agree. BUT, I still chose to finish the walk instead of quitting. I may whine, but I'm no quitter!

No comments: