
I'm about to start writing one of my last essays of the semester - the outline is done so it'll almost write itself at this point - and I felt the need to procrastinate for a couple minutes. And I feel the need to get into the holiday spirit. Last year I tried to postpone the holidays until after being done my final exams, but my last one was on the 20th of December and just as I left the exam I put my back out, so I felt as if I really missed out on Christmas. Plus, I was working night shifts and being grumpy during the day because of it... so this year, now that it is December, I feel it is well within my rights to celebrate the season even though I won't be done school for the semester until the 9th. So here I go:
These are (just) a few of my favourite things:
- impish grins on innocent babies
- spice cookies
- reading a good book
- teaching kids
- earl grey tea (which reminds me - it's still sitting on the counter in the kitchen)
- Advent calendars with expensive dark chocolates
- that first sip
- the glow of a single string of clear christmas lights hung around the window
- chickadees
- checking things off my To Do: lists
- when "come over for a cup of tea" turns into dinner and dessert
- giving gifts
- witty sarcasm
- making travelling plans
- organizing my desk
- procrastinating
- lists that are dynamic
To be continued...







No comments:
Post a Comment